Serving the principles of the Spiritualist movement, and open to members and non-members alike, the SAGB offers rooms where the public, whether Spiritualist or not, may sit for readings with spirit mediums. Sunday services are free and include a public Demonstration of mediumship. Private 30 minute sittings are available daily during opening hours for a fee. They may be recorded if the client wishes. The nature of the sittings is strictly limited by a policy which states that the mediums are "to try to provide evidence of survival [of the spirit after death] and not to predict the future."
As an organization, the SAGB lists its goals as follows:
The SAGB and its mediums abide by the following seven principles of belief:To offer evidence to the bereaved that man survives the change called death and, because he is a spiritual being, retains the faculties of individuality, personality and intelligence, and can willingly return to those left on earth, ties of love and friendship being the motivating force. To offer spiritual healing to those suffering from dis-ease, whether in mind, body or spirit, in a warm and loving environment.With both of these objectives in mind, to offer only the best and highest so that those on both sides of the veil can progress in a truly spiritual sense.
- That there is an Infinite Intelligence, Who governs all
- That personal identity and all sentient forms of life survive physical death
- That continuous existence and eternal progress occur for all in the Hereafter
- That there is communion with the spiritual realms
- That all of humanity is spiritually linked
- That in the Hereafter, all must account for their actions on earth and will judge themselves accordingly
- That all are responsible for the way they conduct their earthly lives.