From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article relies on references to primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject. (August 2007)|
Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
|Born||31 January 1900|
|Died||25 December 1986|
|School||School of the Universal White Brotherhood|
|Main interests||Love, Wisdom, Truth, Justice and Virtue|
|Notable ideas||Christianity, Universal White Brotherhood|
 LifeAt the age of 17, after a childhood full of deprivation, he met Master Peter Deunov, the founder of the Universal White Brotherhood in Bulgaria. In 1937 Deunov entrusted him with bringing his teaching to France. During the next 49 years, up to his death, he developed the teaching of the Universal White Brotherhood, giving more than 5000 lectures.
He taught mainly in France, but also traveled a great deal, in Switzerland, Canada, the US, the UK and Scandinavia. His works (44 pocketbooks and 32 complete works) are based on his lectures, which were recorded either in shorthand or on audio/video tape. They are published & distributed by Prosveta-Canada.
 Central ideaAivanhov’s philosophy teaches that everybody, regardless of race, religion, social position, intellectual ability or material means, is able to take part in the realization of a new period of brotherhood and peace on earth. This happens through the individual's personal transformation: growth in perfection and in harmony with the divine world. Whatever the topic, he invariably focuses on how one can better conduct life on earth. Aivanhov taught that to achieve a better life, one must have a high ideal. "... if you have a High Ideal. such as the bringing of the Kingdom of God on earth you obtain everything you wished for, you taste plenitude."
 Initiatic ScienceAïvanhov teaches the ancient principles of initiatic science. He describes the cosmic laws governing both the universe and the human being, the macrocosm and microcosm, and the exchanges that constantly take place between them.
This knowledge has taken different forms throughout the centuries. It is the "perennial wisdom" expressed through various religions, each adapted to the spirit of a particular time, people, and level of spiritual evolution. Aivanhov's teaching incorporates aspects of Esoteric Christianity that relate to finding the "Kingdom of God on earth" within the individual. One of the essential truths of initiatic science, according to Aivanhov, is that (in the higher world) all things are linked. Thus committing oneself to the Kingdom of God on earth makes it realizable: "The real science is to form within ourselves, in the depths of our being, this Body that Initiates call the Body of Glory, the Body of Light, the Body of Christ."
- Angels and other Mysteries of The Tree of Life
- Creation: Artistic and Spiritual
- Hope for the World: Spiritual Galvanoplasty
- Light as a Living Spirit
- Man's Two Natures: Human and Divine
- New Light on the Gospels
- The Path of Silence
- The Powers of Thought
- Spiritual Alchemy
- The Splendour of Tiphareth
- Toward a Solar Civilisation
- The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil
- The True Meaning of Christ's Teaching
- What is a Spiritual Master?
- Youth: Creators of the Future
- Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov The High Ideal
- Feuerstein, Georg (1992). The Mystery of Light: The Life and Teachings of Omraam Michael Aivanhov. Salt Lake City, UT: Passage Press. ISBN 0-941255-51-4.
- Frenette, Louise-Marie (September 2009). The Life of a Master in the West. Canyon Country, CA: Prosveta USA. ISBN 978-0-9842693-0-3.
- Lejbowicz, Agnes (1982). Omraam Michael Aivanhov, Master of the Great White Brotherhood. Fréjus, France: Editions Prosveta.
- Renard, Opierre (1980). The Solar Revolution and the Prophet. Fréjus, France: Editions Prosveta.
- Who Is Omraam Michael Aivanhov?. Fréjus, France: Editions Prosveta. 1982.
- Editions Prosveta
- Prosveta in Canada
- Universal White Brotherhood
- Official web-site of Universal White Brotherhood
- Biography of Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov
- Омраам Микаэль Айванхов - Центры и группы в России, Белоруссии и СНГ
- Омраам Микаэль Айванхов - тексты на русском. Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov - texts in russian
- Любовь и сексуальность Love and sexuality in russian
- FBU-USA : Fraternité Blanche Universelle in the US
|Name||Aivanhov, Omraam Mikhael|
|Short description||Bulgarian philosopher|
|Date of birth||1900|
|Place of birth|
|Date of death||1986|
|Place of death|