Thursday 1 August 2019

Metaphors for Emotions ....A Psychic Connection?





Blogger Ref    https://wiki.p2pfoundation.net/Multi-Dimensional_Science


By Robert Searle









In the English tongue, and in many other languages emotions of people are often described as if they are some form of "energy." There are many examples some of  which are listed below in a relevant context. Could the descriptions of "energy" be an actual  intuitive sense that human beings consist of personalities made up of highly subtle psychic "energies?"




1. She was flowing with love


2. He had a fiery personality


3.  She had a bubbly character


4.  He was positively fizzing with energy...


5.   He had a bright mind


6.   His eyes flashed with anger.


7.   She lit up the room by her presence


8.    He lit up the room like rainbow (aura?)


9.    A sparkling personality


10.  He exploded with rage


11.  His mind was flooded with inspiration


12   He was struck by astonishment


13.  He was green with envy


14.  She saw red!* (see footnote)


15.  We are bouncing off memories with each other!


 16.  He was in a grey mood


17.   He was in a brown study (ie gloomy)


18.   He was under a cloud (or an accurate representation of negative "psychic energy?"


19.   He had a flashy personality


20.   He looked at me like daggers (an expression of hatred manifesting itself  as "psychic energies"?)


21.   He was beaming with enthusiasm


22.   He had an "air" of uncertainty about him.



I may add more if I can....






The next listing (comes from another source not created by the author of the brief  "article" above! However, it does include one, or more repeats...










Emotions as Object/Burden
    • “I carry the burden of guilt.”
    • “The guilt weighs me down.”
    • “I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders.”
    • “I have a lot on my mind.”
Self as a Container for Emotions
    • “I am full of anger.”
    • “I am brimming over with rage.”
    • “I am full of love.”
    • “I feel empty inside.”
Emotions as Containers
    • “I am in a state of despair.”
    • “I am living in fear.”
    • “I am in love.”
    • “I am in a great frame of mind.”
Emotions as Temperature 
    • “That leaves me cold.”
    • “I’m all hot and bothered.”
    • “I am boiling with anger.”
    • “She is an ice-queen.”
    • “I am cold-hearted.”
Emotions as Pressure
    • “I am going to explode in a minute.”
    • “He just erupted without warning.”
    • “He’s like a volcano about to explode.”
    • “I need to let off steam.”
    • “I’m under a lot of pressure.”






Source reference link  https://metaphorsofmovement.co.uk/metaphors-of-movement-and-motion/metaphors-of-emotion/






* Red is sometimes associated with sex. I recall a long time ago watching a beautiful black woman at the end of a bed. She was wanting me to seduce her as was self-evident by her overall demeanour.  The atmosphere was heavy with lust and a subtle dull"redness" (barely visible) was experienced as I was trying to decide whether "to take her, or not"...
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Sivananda and Samadhi..

  Guide to Samadhi by Swami Sivananda CHARACTERISTICS OF SAMADHI When the mind is completely absorbed in one object of meditation, it is ter...